Vancouver Christmas Market Celebrates Its 9th Year with More Holiday Cheers
November 21 @ 11:30 am - December 24 @ 9:30 pm PSTCAD$12
Vancouver Christmas Market, the city’s cherished yuletide event returns this year with more festive offerings, fun activities and live entertainment.
“This year, we are thrilled to present even more engaging holiday experiences for visitors of all ages…”, says Malte Kluetz, Founder and President of the Vancouver Christmas Market in a news release.
Christmas markets originated in Germany. It’s an advent tradition going back to the late Middle Ages in German-speaking Europe and many former Holy Roman Empire territories.
The Vancouver Christmas Market is a wonderful event to enjoy authentic German-inspired sights and sounds. Savour German flavours and shop for unique gifts at over 80 huts at the market and usher in the joyous season with families and friends.
What to Do and See?
- Alpine Lounge (New) – relax and savour hot beverages and delicious food in a warm holiday setting.
- Lovers’ Lane – an Instagram-worthy 30-foot long tunnel decorated with 10,000 twinkling lights and mistletoe.
- Love Lock Installation – an area where lovers can attach a ‘Vancouver Christmas Market Love Lock’, representing their love and partnership over the holiday season.
- WunderBAR – an exclusive VIP experience in a gorgeous, heated wintry ambience.
- Winterdeck – an area to soak up the scenic views of the North Shore.
- Santa in a 12-foot long sleigh floating underneath the Olympic Cauldron.
- Canada’s first-ever Walk-In Christmas Tree – experience magical moments under the display of 36,000 twinkling lights.
- Live entertainment by the popular Gingerbread Men on the Christmas Pyramid’s ‘Flying Stage’ perched 10ft high above the market.
What’s for the Kids?
- Kinder Kraft Igloo (New)- Market-wide Christmas scavenger hunt for children, free arts and crafts workshops.
- Santa Photo Hut, and Gingerbread Haus where kids learn cookie decorating
Delectable Food and Beverages
There is nothing more jolly than sampling the array of German delicacies:
- Glühwein (a hot-spiced mulled wine), German Bratwurst,
- Gulasch, Spätzle, Schnitzel
- Strudels, Transylvanian Chimney Cakes
- A selection of German beer, award-winning German style wine, and more
Children’s Wish Weeks | November 23 to December 7
Make a child’s wish come true during the market’s ‘Children’s Wish Weeks. Help raise $10,000 for the Children’s Wish Foundation.
Free Carousel Fridays | November 23, November 30 & December 7
Donate to the Children’s Wish Foundation and enjoy rides on the Christmas Carousel
Shopping Day | November 25
A one day shopping special where gift vendors throughout the market will offer one-day-only deals.
Foodie Tuesdays | November 27 & December 4
Savour bites and beverages from select vendors for $4 and under.
Club Christmas | November 29, December 6, December 13 & December 20
Every Thursday, visitors can go for after-work drinks, and party with Vancouver’s coolest DJs at the Christmas Pyramid or belt out a tune at karaoke in the Alpine Lounge.
Kids Day | December 1
Join Holly & Jolly for a day of family fun! Youth (13 and under) can enter the market and enjoy rides on the Christmas Carousel by donating to Children’s Wish Foundation.
Deluxe Date Night | December 5
Enjoy 2-for-1 Entry at the gate as well as ‘deals for duos’ including 2-for-1 carousel rides, pretzels, ciders, and other paired discounts at select vendors.
Canucks Defenseman Erik Gudbranson Visits the Market | November 23 – December 7
Gudbranson will be on site to help make a child’s wish come true. Visitors who donate to the Children’s Wish Foundation will have the opportunity to go head-to-head with Erik as they try to score against him.
Tickets: Adult $12, Seniors $11, Youth Age 7-12 $5, Children Age 0-6, FREE.
Discounted pricing available for online purchase. Add $5 to your regular entry ticket and upgrade to a Fast Pass (for online purchase only). With the pass visitors can opt to enter via the express line at the entrance and carousel.