- This event has passed.
5th Thai Festival Returns This July 21 and 22 with More Delicious Food and Live Entertainment
July 21 @ 10:30 am - July 22 @ 8:00 pm PDT
Watch spectacular Thai Dancers perform at 5th Thai Festival in Vancouver. (Nikao Media)
Updated: July 20, 2018
5th Thai Festival returns with more entertaining activities to wow visitors. Find out what’s cooking, why you and your family should not miss out on this fun-filled weekend.
Gear up for a weekend of food, fun and live entertainment at the 5th Thai Festival, Western Canada’s largest Thai event taking place this July 21 and 22 at the Vancouver Art Gallery, North Plaza.
Organized by the Royal Thai Consulate-General, Vancouver, the annual cultural festival showcases the nation’s rich and vibrant cultural heritage through its tasty gastronomy, performing arts and crafts.
The free family-friendly festival also features traditional and contemporary fashions, digital technology, Thai boxing, Thai massage and spa services plus plenty of prize draws.
Discover and taste delicious Thai fruits and dishes including Massaman Curry, Tom Yum and Pad Thai at the 5th Thai Festival. No food has been associated with Thailand more than Pad Thai – the country’s signature rice noodle dish.
Related: Simply Irresistible Thai Food
Chefs from Rajamangala University of Technology Phra Nakhon, a popular Bangkok based culinary art school will demonstrate the art of fruit and vegetable carving and cooking modern Thai cuisine at the culinary tent.
Learn how Eastern and Western ingredients are harmoniously blended into five Thai flavours: sour, sweet, salty, bitter and spicy.
To add to the party atmosphere, festival goers will be entertained to traditional and contemporary music and dance performances by local artists and bands.
With support from the Thailand Ministry of Culture, Bangkok-based Phattayakul Thai Music and Drama School performers will be back this year with their vibrant and captivating dances.
The technology and fashion runaway are new feature areas. Techies would want to test their skills on the latest Thai video games at the Innovation booth hosted by the Thai Game Software Industry Association.
Thai silk is one of the world’s most coveted fabrics. On Saturday, July 21 models dressed in exquisite traditional Thai costumes will be parading the runway. Vancouver artist and designer Terry Sasaki will be showcasing for the first time with his ready-to-wear cotton and silk collections on Sunday, July 22.
Muay Thai or Thai boxing is a national combat sport that is becoming increasingly popular in the martial arts world. Watch how this sport is played out by experts from DCS Combat Sports and Fitness.
Savour delectable bite offers by Vancouver’s popular Thai restaurants including Salathai Thai, Patsara Thai, U & I Thai and Wow Thai Food.
Browse the many vendor stalls offering tasty products and shop for unique and beautifully made arts and crafts.
Vendors include Asia Market, a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits from Thailand and other Southeast Asian countries.
There is also Doi Chaang Coffee who markets award winning organic coffee grown in the hills of northeastern Thailand. Best Brand Marketing, popularly known for their King Island coconut water, chips and syrup.
Siamurai Apparel offers uniquely designed clothing to fit your simple and relaxing lifestyle. Their tribal design apparels would embrace the eclectic rebel inside of you.
Or simply, relax and be pampered to an authentic and inexpensive Thai massage at Sabai Thai Spa.
Planning a trip to Thailand?
Thai Tourism Authority can assist you to discover the country’s amazing travel attractions including beautiful beaches, historic sites, fascinating wildlife at the Thai Tourism booth.
- Thai Airways Ticket for two to fly to Asia
- Delicious Silk Road Goodie Baskets
- Vouchers to dine in Vancouver’s popular Thai Restaurants, relax in Thai spas and more…
Feature Area Activities at a Glance
- Discover and taste delicious Thai fruits and dishes including Massaman Curry, Tom Yum and Pad Thai.
- Learn about modern Thai cuisine: how Eastern and Western ingredients are harmoniously blended into five Thai flavours: sour, sweet, salty, bitter and spicy.
- See skillful artisans carve stunning designs with fruits and vegetables.
The performance lineup includes:
- Classical Thai music
- Contemporary Thai and mainstream music by local bands (new)
- Cultural dances by Phattayakul Thai Music and Drama School
- Prize draws and more…
Fashion Runway (new)
Not to miss are the fashion shows:
- Saturday, July 21 – Traditional royal and everyday Thai costumes
- Sunday, July 22 – Cotton and silk apparel collection by Vancouver artist and designer Terry Sasaki
- Thai video game demonstrations hosted by the Thai Game Software Industry Association.
- Explore and play free video games
Arts and Crafts
- Learn how to make simple Thai crafts
- Traditional Thai musical instrumental presentation
- Watch live Muay Thai boxing by DCS Combat Sports and Fitness
- Food and beverage tasting: savour delicious bites sold by some of Vancouver’s renowned Thai restaurants
- Massage and Spa services
- Expert advice on travel to Thailand
Bring your family and friends. Experience the flavours of Thailand at the 5th Thai Festival right in the heart of downtown Vancouver.