Power cookies keep you energized through the day. Find out the quick and easy way to make them.
This power cookie recipe is packed with protein, fibre, and healthy fats. The perfect all-day cookies to keep you charged through the day, especially during the festive season when there’s so much to do.
Yield: 24 cookies
1½ cups all-purpose flour (or wheat-free flour OR a combination of 1 cup of almond flour and 1/2 cup of milled flaxseed)
1 cup coconut sugar (3/4 cup of honey or regular brown sugar )
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon powder
1½ cups quick cooking oat
½ cup raisins
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup shredded coconut
2 eggs (med. size)
½ cup olive oil
½ cup milk (regular, rice, soy or almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine dry ingredients in a bowl, and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and blend well. If the dough is too soft, add a small amount of oat to the mixture.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the cookie dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees Celcius).
- Remove cookies from oven, and cool on wire rack.