Power cookies keep you energized through the day. Find out the quick and easy way to make them.
This power cookie recipe is packed with protein, fibre and healthy fats. The perfect all-day cookies to keep you charged through the day, especially during the festive season when there’s so much to do.
Yield: 24 cookies
1½ cups all-purpose flour (or wheat-free flour)
½ tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp ground cinnamon powder
1½ cups quick cooking oat
½ cup raisins
½ cup sesame seeds
½ cup pumpkin seeds
¼ cup shredded coconut
1 cup coconut sugar (or honey)
½ cup olive oil
½ cup milk (regular, rice or almond milk)
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Combine flour with baking soda, salt and cinnamon in a bowl, and blend well.
- Add cooking oats to the flour mixture and stir well. Mix in the rest of the dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, mix the wet ingredients together.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and blend well.
- Using a tablespoon, drop the cookie dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet. Flatten each cookie with a fork.
- Bake for 15 to 16 minutes at 375 degrees F (190 degrees Celcius).
- Remove cookies from oven, and cool on wire rack.