You would love this classic Coconut Macaroon and Flambéed Banana dessert infused with a true taste of Barbados. A great recipe to impress your guests and add a tropical ambience to your dinner.
The coconut macaroon and flambéed banana is a crowd pleaser. Best of all, it’s simple, quick to make and delicious too.
Recipe courtesy: Chef Jason Innis
3 cups sweetened coconut
Splash Malibu coconut
½ cup sugar
4 bananas sliced
¼ cup butter
Mount Gay rum
½ cup brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a larger bowl mix eggs and sugar and Malibu with a whisk.
- Add coconut mix with wooden spoon
- Spoon onto parchment-lined sheet
- Bake until top is golden-12-15 mins
- Melt butter and sugar together and add a splash of lemon juice to stop carmelization.
- Once heated to caramel colour, add banana slices and toss.
- Next add rum, ignite with match and cook until fire has burned off.
- Spoon around macaroons, garnish with mint and fresh berries, enjoy/li>