Wonder of the Seas, the world’s largest ship promises bigger and bolder adventures with deals this November on its Caribbean sailings. Plus what to look for in a cruise line’s fine print.
Wonder of the Seas is the fifth and newest in Royal Caribbean’s revolutionary Oasis class of ships. Spanning nearly 1,188 feet (length of nearly four American football fields) and grossing 237,000 tons, the innovative Wonder of the Seas surpassed its sister-ship Symphony of the Seas in size.
The mammoth cruise ship can accommodate 6,988 guests and 2,300 crew members. Launched on March 04, 2022 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, the ship will return from its European summer sailing in November to its home base, Port Canaveral, Florida for its Caribbean and The Bahamas sailing.
Wonder Deals on Caribbean Sailings
Wonders of the Sea is an epic floating theme park. A three-night Bahamas and perfect day cruise starts at $447.00 US per person. And a seven-night Eastern Caribbean and perfect day starts at $630 US per person.
Read the Fine Print
Do your homework. Read and understand the cruise line documentation before you confirm your booking to avoid frustrations and unexpected travel expenses later. Ask your travel advisor to explain the details if you are unsure or overwhelmed with the technical jargon. Information to look for includes:
- Ticket issuance and any other pre and-post travel details
- Pre-boarding information
- Travel document requirements, such as passports and visas
- Vaccination requirements for boarding and shore excursions
- Travel insurance documents and trip coverage
- Travel with minors
- Evacuations in case of an emergency such as medical, fire onboard, natural disaster
A combination of new, and thrilling adventures and returning favorites across eight unique neighbourhoods awaits guests of all ages and interests. The suite neighbourhood theme is the first for Royal Caribbean. Highlights on deck include the:
- New, eighth neighbourhood that offers Royal Suite Class guests access to a private sun deck with a plunge pool, bar and plenty of loungers and nooks to relax. The private Coastal Kitchen serves Mediterranean-Californian cuisine; the Suite Lounge, and the largest Ultimate Family Suite that can accommodate a family of 10.
- Mason Jar Southern Restaurant & Bar – this farmhouse-style restaurant serves southern staples and new twists on classics for brunch, dinner and in the late night. They include savory johnnycakes, southern fried chicken, crab beignets, and shrimp and grits.
- Wonder Playscape, an all-new interactive outdoor underwater-themed play area for kids featuring slides, climbing walls, games, an interactive mural activated by touch and imaginative puzzles.
- Other new features include the Vue Bar, Caribbean Pool Deck and El Loco Fresh and Cantina Fresca bar.
On board are also signature experiences like The Ultimate Abyss, the tallest slide at sea; the FlowRider surf simulator; rock-climbing walls. The Central Park neighbourhood is decorated with more than 20,000 real plants.
“Taking delivery of Wonder of the Seas is the culmination of 30 months of ingenuity and partnership across more than 2,000 committed crew members and workers who are among the best at what they do,” said Michael Bayley, president and CEO, Royal Caribbean International.
“Wonder of the Seas represents a new step forward in the Oasis Class ships. Our teams have worked under difficult conditions but in a very united way to finally make major changes that enhanced the ship performance,” said Laurent Castaing, General Manager, Chantiers de l’Atlantique Shipyard in France.
The global pandemic delayed the ship’s delivery which was originally scheduled for 2021. Cruise ships including Wonders of the Sea is set to sail into profitable adventure as the pandemic wane and travel restrictions loosen up in many countries.