What We Look For?
- Generally, we accept articles that cover topics on food, travel, culture, health and wellness.
- Our articles are mostly written in third person and the active voice. Infomercials, advertorials or glorified press releases are not accepted.
- We don’t publish typical trip reports, however we do feature a limited number of well-written first person accounts.
- You must inform us if your article is written as a result of a sponsored familiarization or press trip you took.
- Please read our magazine to get a sense of our tastes. We use Canadian grammar and spelling.
- Suggested word count is approximately 400 to 700 words per article with a maximum of three images, of which you are the original copyright holder or have permission to use the image or audio visual.
Send a Query
- We prefer to receive a query by email. Please send up to 200 words write-up outlining the key points of your article. Include the title and estimated length.
- Send query along with some samples of your previous work that are related to our subject matters, and a brief, fun bio of yourself (three or four sentences).
Previously Published Article
- We accept a limited number of previously published articles.
- If any part of your article was previously published, you must advise us in writing or you legally guarantee our right to publish. Also inform us where it was previously published.
- Update your article with a new title, introduction and rewrite the first three paragraphs of your article.
Submitted and Published Article
- We don’t guarantee publishing your submission, but we will review it, and inform you if your article is accepted.
- Accepted article is subject to editing to tailor to our audience. Your images may be included where possible, but we reserve the right to use them at our discretion.
- If your article is published, increase your article readership by placing a link in your website, blog, email or share it with those in your social media circle.
- By submitting an article to us, you give us all rights to use your article royalty-free in any form of media, in perpetuity.
- You can use the article with credit and link, if you request permission, for any publication that you own or control. We do not give permission to reprint articles that we have edited and published.
If you have any questions, please e-mail us by clicking here.