For an easy, healthy and delicious meal, try the stir-fried thin rice noodles with eggs and spinach.
Rice vermicelli is great gluten-free product. The Thais call this Asian thin rice noodles, sen-mee. In Chinese, it’s known as may-fun or mee hoon in Malaysian. This easy-to-digest noodles make quick and tasty meals. The noodles can be served hot or cold. Commonly used in Vietnamese spring rolls, it’s also an ideal camping ingredient.
250 g dry rice vermicelli
5 large eggs
1 med. size shredded carrot*
1 small sliced cooking onion
1 clove sliced garlic
1 cup frozen spinach or (cut-up ½ in)fresh chives
1/3 cup oil
Salt to taste
2 tbsp brown sugar (optional)
*Shred with vegetable peeler
- Soak rice vermicelli in boiling water for about 5 to 8 minutes until slight soft.
- Rinse in cold water and drain well.
- Cut vermicelli to quarter length, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and stir in the vegetables.
- Add the drained rice vermicelli to ingredients in the bowl.
- Mix well with a fork and put aside.
- Heat up oil in frying pan, add sliced onion. Cook onion until slightly brown.
- Put in sliced garlic and shredded carrot. Cook until carrot is soft then, pour all ingredients from the bowl into the pan.
- Stir-fry the vermicelli until the eggs are thoroughly cooked. Add salt to taste.
- Sprinkle the vermicelli with sugar, mix well until sugar melts, and serve with a dash of paparika.
- To give the recipe extra flavours, garnished the meal with thinly sliced dried seaweed, sesame seeds, and/or meat jerky.